Saturday, July 16, 2011

Being A Girl


Sitting in a corner, beckoning the bad days,
Desolated from the world, losing my sobriety & modesty
Thinking someday I would be free,
Free from shoddy people, from dampen surroundings.
I stepped out of the arena, breaking the barriers
To fight for the sake of justice
I am no more fragile, now I feel strong,
The power of Durga is in me,
Today I m epitome to all.

Men fabricated me as an idol,
Worshipped me as goddess,
Enshrined me as Laxmi, Durga, Sarswati.
But my applause to their hypocrisy
They abstain me from coming to this world,
To being born as a girl.
As a goddess I m prosperity,
As a girl I m adversity.

But I refuse to accept this cult,
Not anymore. I m now,
The baritone of good over evil,
The subtle termite boosts my spirit,
I m breaking free…….
I m elated with my progress
But it’s just the beginning,
My friends you have to come together
And ingrain the optimism of emancipation.
Stop the jeering molestation & derogatory remarks.

We are as living as they are;
We are not their despondent anymore
We are not an attire to be worn and thrown
So I take the plunge and vouch for my happiness
I come out and see, the light house is waiting to guide.
Today my persona is benign
An embodiment of class and niche
My sophistication is polemical.

All men are astonished to see my valour,
I ramped their ego and dominance
Albeit the dint was hard but it was necessary
I broke the vicious circle &
Entered the profound enshrines of the world
which was hidden from me since long.
My intrepidity rose equamity
Because my dissonance led this mutiny
More like me will rise,
The world will see the radical change,
It’s going to be our world.

Come out of the illusion
Here you are losing all the dimensions.
Wait I m entering your world
And I promise I’ll rule,
No less than what you thought of me
Just wait as I come.


Cheers!!!!
ZIVPREET

11 comments:

  1. awesome ziv....straight from a girl's heart it is...luvd it!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing Zev! Keep on writing blogs. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Posting the Review I received from Shujaat Hussain- A famous Poet and editor of Indian Journal of Poems.

    BEING A GIRL reflects optimism for breaking the centuries old barriers laid by men. The poetess unmasks men as they call women goddesses such as Laxmi, Gurga and Saraswati on the one hand and does injustice to them on the other, deprive them of their rights. The poetess gives a clarion call to come together, shows valour because she possesses power of Durga and wishes to be an epitome of all. Hopefully she says that bad days and dampen surroundings have been overcome. With the pace of time dominance of men becoming thin and thin. I hope that men will not talk of rebellion through this poem and accept it true picture of rapid changing of the scenario.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand this poem and it's message, and perhaps it's messenger. I was a boy and understood the ways of boys and their nasty ways and actions. I apologize to girls world wide for my actions. As boys grow into men, some do honest!, the world and the women around them become more wonderful and these me welcome the women into their worlds and see them as equals. Others stay as they were with foolish pride and stupidity and feel the need and desire to control and to dominate. Some women accept the power of boys/men over them. Some women, as you say, come out of the illusion. I welcome the radical change you speak of. I embrace a world that accepts the change. I wait as you enter my world. Straight from a Womans heart, I love it. Thank you Zip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking this poem in a constructive way :)
      May I know your name please?

      Delete
  5. Again, loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did not know this side of you.. Amazing it is..

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's really impressive and I loved it and true face of a society.... Kuddos

    ReplyDelete